Stanton by Bridge in Derbyshire is a small village situated on high ground to the south of the river Trent, about 6 miles to the south of Derby.
Stanton by Bridge contains a mixture of pretty, old cottages and houses, with some newer housing and farms. There is also a village hall and a Parish Church.
The Parish Church of St Michael is quite small and low and contains some Saxon work. The south doorway is Norman as is the west window and the chancel arch. Most of the rest dates from the 13th century apart from the 19th century bellcot.
It contains an incised alabaster slab to William Sacheverell (1558) and a recessed effigy of a priest dated around 1400. Next to the church is a large brick rectory.
St Bedes farm about a mile and a half to the south, contains a tiny Norman tympanum.