Milton is a small village lying about a mile to the east of Repton and consists of about 60 dwellings, a village hall, 2 pubs but no church or chapel.
The village was owned by Thomas Burden in 1602, who had come from Bramcote to marry a local heiress. His descendent, Sir Francis Burdett built St Saviors Church on his estate at Foremark in 1662 and many reidents regard it as their local parish church.
The Burdett Foremark estate was sold to the Prudential Assurance Company in 1943 and they then sold it on to the church commissioners who still own much of the land around Milton today.
A 1881 census shows Milton consisted of 39 households and 194 people. There were 7 farms, 1 inn, a shop and the main occupation of its residents was agriculture. Today it is just another commuter community of approximately 150 people. The old mission room which was provided by the Burdett family is now the village hall.
An ice stone, believed to have been brought down in the last Ice Age, still stands outside one of the farms.