Linacre reservoirs are situated four miles north west of Chesterfield off the B6050 close to the village of Cutthorpe.
There are three reservoirs two of which were constructed in 1855-56 and a third in 1904 all contained in a 200 acre site surrounded by an attractive mixture of decidous and coniferous woodland.
There are walks, cycling, a nature trail, picnic tables, toilets and a car park. They provide for an easy walk at any time but especially in late spring when the woods are full of bluebells.
Linacre Reservoir Visitor's Centre
Linacre Reservoir , Cutthorpe, Chesterfield, Derbyshire
Tel: 01246 567049 (Rangers Office)