heading for derbyshire weddingsDerbyshire Wedding Venues

Weddings in Derbyshire - Derbyshire Wedding Venues

Getting married , choose Derbyshire and your Wedding ceremony and marriage celebrations will be as special as you are

As well as the still popular church weddings , couples now have the choice of marriage or partnership in any Register Office or approved building in England and Wales. Approved buildings such as hotels, restaurants, stately homes and other prestigious sites are venues approved by the local council as suitable to hold ceremonies.

Derbyshire weddings and wedding venues - getting married in Derbyshire

Derbyshire offers a wide variety of venues for your church, register office or civil wedding, from register offices in beautiful surroundings, through to licenced stately homes and grand hotels. The course of a marriage can never be charted by the surroundings that set it off, of course, but they can provide a hugely memorable context to what is an enormous adventure for any couple. That is why if you're looking for a unique and inspiring location in which to get married, then Derbyshire is the best place to say 'I Do'.

Before you can get married or form a civil partnership, it is a legal requirement that the parties must each give a notice of marriage or partnership in the district in which you live.The notice must be given in person and no-one else can do this on your behalf.You must have lived in any district in England and Wales for seven days immediately before the date on which you give your notice. It does not matter if you move address after giving your notice.You must then wait at least fifteen clear days after both notices have been given before your ceremony can take place.The notice of marriage or partnership is valid for one year.

Register offices conducting weddings in Derbyshire

Amber Valley
Town Hall, Market Place, Ripley, Derbyshire DE5 3BT Tel: 01773 841380
The register office is situated in Amber Valley Borough Council's offices in the market place, Ripley, offering a grand location for weddings. The front of the building offers a good backdrop for wedding pictures. Amber Valley register office operates on an appointment system. Please call the office on the number above to arrange your appointment before visiting us.

Town Hall, Market Place, Ashbourne , Derbyshire DE6 1ES Tel: 01335 300575
Ashbourne's register office, within the Town Hall, is an elegant Georgian building offering a graceful backdrop to special occasions. The marriage room offers space for up to 45 people. A park for further photos is located opposite the building.

Town Hall, Bakewell, Derbyshire DE45 1BW Tel: 01629 812261
The historic market town of Bakewell has two marriage rooms within the Town Hall, situated close to the River Wye and an adjacent park. The light and airy rooms cater for parties of up to 25 or 40 people.

New Beetwell Street, Chesterfield, Derbyshire S40 1QJ Tel: 01246 271405

Derby Register Office Royal Oak House Market Place Derby DE1 3AR
Tel: 01332 256526/ 256535/36
Email : registeroffice@derby.gov.uk
Derby Register Office is conveniently situated in the city centre on the corner of the Market Place at the historic Royal Oak House.The first-floor ceremony suite features the impressive Oak Room with seating for 86 guests.The more personal Acorn Room has seating for 22 guests.Theres also a guests waiting room and a bridal waiting room. Both the Oak and Acorn Rooms have air conditioning and tasteful, silk-floral decoration that is changed on a seasonal basis. All rooms are suitable for marriage and civil partnership ceremonies, baby naming ceremonies, renewal of marriage vows and citizenship ceremonies. The building is fully accessible for disabled people and includes disabled peoples car parking and toilet facilities, a lift and an induction loop.

87 Lord Haddon Road, Ilkeston DE7 8AX Tel: 0115 932 1014
Ilkeston register office is situated on a quiet residential road. The marriage room offers space for about a dozen guests with a conservatory to the rear, opening out on a private garden for photographs.

High Peak
Register Office, Hayfield Road, Chapel en le Frith, High Peak, SK23 0QJ Tel/Fax: 01663 750473
Housed within High Peak Borough Council in Chapel-en-le-Frith, the council chamber doubles up as the marriage room offering space for 50 guests. Surrounded by open countryside the building is modern with fresh and light decor.

Religious Marriages

Church of England or Church in Wales
If you wish to marry in the Church of England or Church in Wales, you should first speak to the vicar of the parish where you wish to marry. He/She will be able to tell you if you are eligible to marry at that church. If you are, the vicar will arrange for Banns to be called for three Sundays before the day of the marriage or for a common licence to be issued.

If you are planning to marry in any other religious building that is registered for marriage, you should first contact the minister or other person in charge of marriages at the building. If the person in charge agrees to marry you, you must each give notice of marriage at the Register Office.

Derbyshire Weddings 1 : Derbyshire Weddings 2 : Wedding Fairs in Derbyshire

Derbyshire UK : Disclaimer : Homepage